Embattled Sampdoria coach Alberto Cavasin has promised to fight on despite his side's dismal run.
I Blucerchiati lost 2-1 to Lecce yesterday to drop to 16th in Serie A, just one point above the relegation zone with six rounds remaining.
"The thought of quitting or being sacked has not crossed my mind," said Cavasin, who is under contract with Samp until the end of the season.

The thought of quitting or being sacked has not crossed my mind.

Alberto Cavasin, Sampdoria coach
"But it would be the worst possible thing for the team. I have arrived here and I have resolved a lot of problems. But of course, results do count."
Since replacing the sacked Domenico Di Carlo back in March, Cavasin has yet to lead Samp to victory.
Under Cavasin, Samp have mustered two points in eight matches while the Genoa outfit have won just once in their previous 13 games.
Cavasin's team travels to the San Siro to face Serie A leaders AC Milan next weekend.