Friday, May 27, 2011

Wenger lining up two Lille stars

Arsene Wenger is closing in on Belgian starlet Eden Hazard - and could be set for a double swoop on his club, Lille.
Arsenal boss Wenger has also kept tabs on the French side's Ivory Coast striker Gervinho, who says he will decide on his future later in the summer.
Wenger is desperately trying to beat off competition from Liverpool and Tottenham to get winger Hazard -
Hazard, 20, can have the pick of his clubs this summer but Arsenal believe they can pull off a deal for around £12million.
The Gunners also want a striker and Gervinho, 23, says he will announce his decision as to whether to stay at Lille or move next month.
"After the last match and a match with Ivory Coast, I will go for holidays," he said. "I have already made my choice. Everyone will know it later. It is a personal choice.
"The coach wants me to stay. The club will play in the Champions League and he wants to play it with me. I want to play it too, if I have such an opportunity.
"But I can play it at Lille or somewhere else, that is no problem.
"We have had several talks and we know what we told ourselves. There are still a few days to talk before holidays."

No comments:

Post a Comment