Sunday, July 10, 2011

Man Utd striker Javier Hernandez will join Real Madrid CF - Gus Poyet

Manchester United have been warned that they face losing striker Javier Hernandez to Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants have been keen on signing the Mexico international striker for some time following his brilliant debut season in the Premier League.

But the 23-year-old recently dismissed talk of a summer move to Jose Mourinho's side, saying he wants to repay Sir Alex Ferguson's faith in him following his £7million move from Chivas Guadalajara last summer.

However, according to Brighton manager Gus Poyet, who is currently working as a pundit during the Copa America, the Premier League champions will face a struggle to keep hold of the talented youngster.

"I respect United," he said. "But there are much bigger teams, including Real Madrid.

"Due to their history they are bigger than United.

"I don't think it would be a surprise for Chicharito to go to Real."

Hernandez recently insisted he is keen to help the Red Devils win more trophies in the coming years, saying: "I could not have hoped for such a good campaign. I had a dream season.

"Success is written into the DNA of this club, I’m in the best club in the world. Everything is done to succeed and win titles.

"I want to do even better next season. I want to help this club make history."

No comments:

Post a Comment